Click on the photographs to read about our history.
Mrs Mary Elizabeth Crick circa 1930.
Mrs Mary Elizabeth Crick opened her first shop in Kensington Church Street (then known as “High Row, Silver Street”) around 1900.
Beginning with books, she was one day offered the contents of a library, including the chandelier. Although unwilling, she carried it home on her lap, travelling in a horse-drawn carriage along the cobbled streets of London. She hung it in her shop and sold it for 100 guineas. From this success she decided to start selling chandeliers and books side by side.