Click on the photographs to read about our history.
Mary and Michael Denton. (Photograph courtesy of The World of Interiors, May 1992. Photographer Henry Bourne.)
Gradually the chandeliers took precedence over books as they became more popular, especially with the new ease and versatility of electricity.
In 1922, the present premises at 166 Kensington Church Street were acquired, where the family were able to live and work. The Denton business moved from Marylebone in 1983 to a new shop at 156 Kensington Church Street, just two doors away from Mrs M.E. Crick's. Both shops were run by Mary and Michael Denton, the children of Mrs Elizabeth Denton.