DENTON CHANDELIERS IN PUBLIC PLACES

     

St Paul's Cathedral
1960: two pairs of cut-glass chandeliers installed in front of the high altar. By Perry & Co, of Bond Street, mid 19th Century. One pair acquired from Gosfield Hall, Kent, by Mrs M.E. Crick in 1944, originally installed in 1830.

  St Paul's Cathedral
     

The Royal Albert Hall
1971: Large Chandelier and 16 Wall Lights supplied in the main foyer, and large Versailles style Lantern for the north porch during the refurbishment under Sir Hugh Casson.

  The Royal Albert Hall
     

The National Gallery
1980: Large 2nd Empire gilded bronze and frosted glass twelve-light Chandelier installed in main entrance at the top of the grand staircase.

  The National Gallery
     

The Old Vic Theatre, London
1948: Large thirty-six light Empire style Chandelier designed for and installed in auditorium. Shades made by Osler & Co., the frame made by a local blacksmith to our design and dressed with Victorian glass by the firm.

  The Old Vic Theatre, London
     

Bank of England, Court Room
1960: Set of four cut-glass Chandeliers by Perry & Co. Bond Street installed by M.E. Crick

  Bank of England, Court Room
     

Canadian Parliament Building, Ottawa.
1964: four large Victorian glass chandeliers supplied for Room 200, West Block, originally from the Liverpool Assembly Rooms. Installed by Michael and Mary Denton.

  Canadian Parliament Building, Ottawa
     
Top of page    

HISTORY PRESS CUTTINGS